Although the name doesn’t sound familiar, the crossfade
- is an audio mixing technique widely used by music professionals and audiophiles . It consists in the fusion between musical tracks so that the listener does not hear the silence that normally occurs when going from one song to another.
- What to do when the Mac won’t shut down
- functions Apple copied from Windows to Mac
- How to view and manage the internal storage of the Mac
- Is it bad to use a fake charger or cable on the iPhone?
On Mac, you can enjoy simulation of this feature directly in the Music app. In addition to working very well — and creating a real party atmosphere in your home — the application puts you in control of the crossfade by allowing the user to control the amount of seconds between the end of the played song and the beginning of the next one.
So, be your own DJ by the Mac Music app and see in the step-by-step we prepared below how to activate the crossfade.
Want to catch up on the best tech news of the day? Access and subscribe to our new channel on youtube, Canaltech News. Every day a summary of the main news from the tech world for you!
Activating crossfade in the app Music