Clare County Council, following consultation with and on receipt of directions from Irish Water, is implementing a tankering arrangement in areas currently affected by water shortages brought about as a result of extensive power outages.
The council is in ongoing engagement with the ESB and Irish Water, who have confirmed that they are working to address the issue.
Water tankers will be provided at the following locations today Thursday 13th February 2014:
· Sixmilebridge (in the Square) – 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (approx.)
· Cratloe (in the Church Carpark) – 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (approx.)
· Kilmurry (in the Church Carpark) – 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (approx.)
· Kilkishen (outside the GAA Pitch) – 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (approx.)
· Killaloe (in Supervalu Carpark) – 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (approx.)
Customers in the affected areas are advised to boil all water from tankers.